Motherhood Is Beautiful, But Nobody Prepared Me for This Part
Motherhood is beautiful, but let me be honest: nobody fully prepared me for how much motherhood would change me.
Before becoming a mother, I knew there would be sleepless nights, feeding, school runs, washing clothes and all the other responsibilities that come with raising children.
What I didn't fully understand was how much of my mind would always be occupied by my children.
You are always thinking about them
Even when they're sleeping, you're thinking.
Have they eaten?
Are they okay?
What do they need for school?
Why are they suddenly quiet?
Did they drink enough water?
Sometimes you finally get a moment to yourself, only for your brain to remind you about something concerning the children.
It's like motherhood comes with an invisible "Mummy" tab that is permanently open in your brain.
Getting time for yourself becomes a luxury
Before children, you could decide to take a nap, watch a movie or simply sit quietly.
Now, peace can feel like a special occasion.
And when you finally get some quiet time, you may find yourself using half of it to catch up on things you couldn't do while the children were awake.
I've learned that whenever I get the opportunity to rest, I should actually rest instead of feeling guilty about it.
The guilt can be real
There are days when you wonder whether you're doing enough.
Am I spending enough time with them?
Am I being patient enough?
Am I teaching them the right things?
Should I have handled that situation differently?
Motherhood can make you question yourself.
But I'm learning that being a good mother doesn't mean getting everything right all the time.
Sometimes you make a mistake, learn from it and try again the next day.
The funny moments make everything better
Children have a way of saying things that can completely catch you off guard.
Their questions, funny observations and little conversations can turn an ordinary day into something you'll remember for years.
There are also those moments when the house is noisy, everyone needs something from you and you're wondering when you'll finally get five minutes of peace.
Then one of them does something funny and you can't help but laugh.
You discover a different kind of strength
Motherhood has taught me that I can handle more than I once thought possible.
It has taught me patience, responsibility and the importance of appreciating small moments.
But it has also taught me that I don't have to do everything perfectly.
I can be tired.
I can ask for help.
I can have a difficult day.
I can make mistakes.
And I can still be a good mother.
Motherhood is beautiful, but it is also real.
There are wonderful days, difficult days, funny days and days when you're simply counting down until bedtime.
And perhaps that's what makes the journey so special.
You don't have to be a perfect mother.
You just have to keep showing up, learning, loving and doing your best.
To every mother reading this: I see you.
What's one part of motherhood that surprised you the most?

Comments
Post a Comment