I Started Blogging in 2014. Here's Why I Stopped and Why I'm Back


I started blogging in 2014, long before I ever imagined that I would return to it more than a decade later.

At the time, I was an ardent follower of Linda Ikeji's Blog and Stella Dimoko Korkus' Blog. I enjoyed reading blogs, following trending stories and keeping up with what was happening around me. Eventually, I found myself thinking, "Why can't I have something like this too?"

That was how my blogging journey began.

I created my blog and started sharing the things I found interesting—entertainment, news, fashion, lifestyle, relationships and trending stories. I was excited about having my own little space on the internet.

Then life happened.

The setback

I got admission into university, and shortly after, I was robbed around campus.

It might sound like a small thing today, but at that time, that phone meant everything to me. It was the only device I had for blogging because I couldn't afford a laptop.

Losing it was a major setback.

Without my phone, blogging became extremely difficult. University life also came with its own demands, and gradually, I stopped blogging.

Years passed.

I moved on to other things, but the interest never completely disappeared.

Why I'm back

Now, in 2026, I've decided to return to something I genuinely enjoyed.

I'm back to blogging.

This time, I am coming back with more life experience, a different perspective and even more things to talk about.

As a mother, I've experienced a completely different side of life. Motherhood has given me stories, lessons, funny moments, challenges and experiences that I know other mothers can relate to.

But motherhood isn't the only reason I'm back.

I've always had a passion for trending news, entertainment and keeping up with what's happening around the world. I enjoy discovering interesting stories and sharing them with people.

So, why not bring all of that together in one place?

What should you expect from this blog?

This blog is going to be a mixture of the things I genuinely enjoy.

You'll find lifestyle content, motherhood and family experiences, entertainment, news, trending issues and interesting stories from Nigeria and beyond.

Some posts will be informative. Some will be entertaining. Some will probably make you laugh, while others may get you thinking.

I also want this blog to be different from the one I had in 2014. I've grown, the internet has changed, and I have changed too.

I'm not coming back simply to have a blog.

I'm coming back because I still have a passion for blogging.

So, after more than a decade, welcome back to Julian Maduako's Blog.

The blog may have started in 2014, but this feels like a brand-new chapter.

And this time, I'm here to stay.

Comments