5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Becoming a Mother

 


Motherhood is one of those journeys you can read about, hear stories about, and still never completely understand until you experience it yourself.

Before becoming a mother, there were many things I thought I understood. But experience has a way of teaching you differently.

Here are five things I wish someone had told me earlier.

1. You will be tired, and still have to keep going

Motherhood can be exhausting. There are days when you desperately need rest, but little people still need food, attention, bathing, school runs and plenty of other things.

I've learned that asking for help when you need it isn't a weakness.

2. Every child is different


What works perfectly for one child may not work for another. Children have different personalities, needs and temperaments.

Motherhood has taught me to observe my children rather than constantly compare them with other children.

3. Your house may never look perfectly tidy


With children around, toys appear from nowhere, clothes multiply and the house can become messy shortly after you've cleaned it.

Sometimes, you simply have to laugh and clean again later.

4. You will worry about things you never worried about before



Once you become a mother, even a simple cough can make you start thinking of a hundred possibilities.

You gradually learn to balance being careful with not allowing worry to control you.

5. You will discover a strength you didn't know you had


Motherhood can challenge you physically, emotionally and mentally. Yet somehow, you keep learning, adapting and showing up.

It isn't always easy, but it can teach you patience, resilience and a completely different kind of love.

Motherhood isn't about being a perfect mother. It's about learning, growing and doing your best for your children every day.

What is one thing motherhood taught you that you wish someone had told you before you became a parent?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jim Iyke opens up about his relationship with Nadia Buari and T.B Joshua

Why I took a break from music -Munachi Abii

Why I Am Backing Nigeria to Make Second Round - Mourinho