"No regret choosing Scotland over Nigeria"- Ikechi 6 Anya


Scotland international of Nigerian descent, Ikechi Anya has
admitted that he does not regret playing for Scotland
instead of Super Eagles.
Twenty six-year-old Anya, who has a Nigerian father, but
was brought up in Scotland said that Scottish national team
was always the only choice for him. “My love of football
developed when I was in Scotland so I was always going for
that.

“For me
it was
always
going to
be
Scotland,” Anya said, adding, “that was where I started
playing football at school and where I learnt everything.
That was one of the main reasons I chose Scotland when I
knew they were interested.
“When I was really young I was in Nigeria but I cant
remember it. I appreciate the Nigerian side from my father
and the Romanian side of my mother but that is them and I
chose Scotland.

“My dad is a typical Nigerian man, he’s all about education
so football-wise it was really just my mum – when she
knew Scotland were interested she was very happy for me.
“My dad has taken more of an interest now because
obviously his son is a footballer so he tries to support me.
But he’s a big academic, my brother is a doctor and he tried
to put me down that route but I tried football and luckily it
worked out.”
Anya, who plays for English side Watford, has made five
appearances for Scotland since September 2013 and scored
one goal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jim Iyke opens up about his relationship with Nadia Buari and T.B Joshua

Why I took a break from music -Munachi Abii

Why I Am Backing Nigeria to Make Second Round - Mourinho