Wednesday 24 September 2014

A day at the salon.

Nothing beats a day at the salon. Getting
my hair did,generally getting
pampered and feeling like a madam at the
top and completely forgetting whatever
problems I may have carried into the
salon. Ok quick confession, It isn’t all so
rosy with 3 people tugging and pulling my
3” long hair. It pained oh.

And the noise? They were chatting along
and not giving a care that they were on my
head. Makes me miss my short hair. I’ve
been thinking of going back to my TWA
after this biko. I cant deal.

Now, one thing i know you cannot take
away from the average Nigerian salon is
the gist. Lots of gist, then there must be a
nollywood movie playing (or gist about a
Nigerian feem ) and there is the occasional
smelly armpit over your head while your
hair gets washed.
While i was there, most of the gist was
centered around Nkechi, Lily, Ugochi (all
ladies I do not know)

I learnt a little
something about “that fine aunty wey get
that red car” and that “one wey I no like
bcoz she no dey give small kola” (kola ke?
After she don pay for your services?)

There was a fight over wrapper and how
who didn’t pay for it and "she collect the
wrapper since last month oh" (for the
purpose of this post, I call her oni gbese -
thank you twitter). Meanwhile oni gbese
was trying hard to defend her honor and
even threatened to return the wrapper if
"una no go allow pesin" . I think she should
have just explained why she couldn't pay
for said wrapper but who asked me?

I also learnt that "Ogechi don born boy and
her husband dey take care of her very well
oh" and "Chisom sef don marry and she dey
France" or was that Strands, the salon? *i
need to focus* This one and “ my guy say...,
my guy come..., my guy this, my guy that…..”
new love maybe? *Kermit pose*

New Chapter- The couple that just left; and
all i can say is if the poor dude knew what
would be said about coming with sisi to the
salon, bros for no show oh, at all at all.
but i think it was nice and a wee bit
romantic even but again, who asked me?

Quiet time - Thanks to praise and worship
on STV with Sinach and the glorious God
guy. I should find out the name of the
artiste.

At the end of the day, me sef my amedo is
on a high scale right? Since I had my head
phones, my laptop and my phone, I really
didn’t have to listen but hey, what’s a day
at the salon without listening to all the
gist?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ok

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...