Monday 22 September 2014

Teenage girl impregnated by own father tells her pathetic story (Photos)

A 42-year-old man Segun Oderinde
impregnated his 16-year-old daughter in Oyo
state, last year and today, they have a child -
a bouncing baby boy Moses Okiki
Bolutiwatife. This means that Oderinde is the
father and grandfather of his daughter’s baby!
The name, Boluwatife, means ‘As God wills’,
but is it really the will of God for a man to
sire a child through his own biological
daughter? Okiki also means ‘fame’ but is it
this kind of fame the little baby would have
wished himself?
This is the strange thing that has happened in
the Oderinde family in Gboro Compound,
Igbeti, Olorunsogo Local Government area of
Oyo State.
The teenage mother narrated her story thus:

“I was living with my mother until 2013
when my father asked me to come and
live with him. On December 25, 2013,
my father woke me up and asked to
remove my clothes but I refused. He
drew a cutlass and threatened to kill me
if I did not do his bidding. Afraid, I
removed my clothes and he forcefully
had sex with me. He was the first man
to sleep with me because I had never
had sex before then.

“The following day, I reported to one of
his two wives who was a nurse and she
promised to ask him, but I don’t know
whether she eventually did. In March,
2014, he did the same thing again and I
ran to his second wife’s house and
reported to her. She asked me to swear
to an oath with a bible but I refused
since I knew I was saying the truth.

I
started sleeping in her apartment.
“In April, he came to tell me to return to
his apartment to do some things for him
but I refused to go. His wife however
put pressure on me to answer my
father’s call since he wanted me to do
some things for him at home. I followed
him after much pressure.

“Unfortunately for me, on Saturday
preceding Easter celebration, precisely
on April 18, he had sex with me again.
All the while, I did not know I was
pregnant. I had my last menstruation in
December 2013.
“My stepmother suspected I was
pregnant and took me to one Mrs Aremu
who confirmed the pregnancy. The case
was reported at the police station and I
started living with my paternal
grandfather until I fell into labour. My
mother wanted the pregnancy to be
aborted but the doctor said he could
not do it.

“After I was delivered of the baby and
my grandfather was told that the baby
has a striking resemblance with my
father, he ran away and has not been
seen since then.

“Since the confirmation of the
pregnancy, the DPO and the DCO were
the ones who purchased baby things and
other items that I would need during
and after delivery. They also paid my
hospital bill. I now stay with my mother
and she is helping me to take care of the
baby.”

The girl appealed to members of the public to
come to her aid so that her education would
not be stalled. “I want to return to school. I
was in JSS2 when this happened but I don’t
want it to mark the end of my academic
pursuit,” the girl said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ok

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...