Wednesday 24 September 2014

It Will End In Praise!

There are days I feel I am at my lowest
emotionally, when it gets hard to even go
on my knees to pray because I feel
overwhelmed. I ask all sorts of questions
and even cry myself to sleep.
I had one of those days recently and I chose
to give up on something important to me
because I felt I didn't have the strength to
fight any more.

When I go through this phase, I let myself
feel sorry for a while, get it together and
remember God's promises to His people. To
Zion, To ME and I go down on my knees to
ask His forgiveness for being anxious, for
being fearful and for losing hope on the
same thing I have spent hours asking for
by faith. I remember who I am!
I remember to cast all my fear on Him
because He cares for me like no other and I
know I have no choice but to cast all of my
anxiety on Him and trust Him completely.

After all, His Word in Isaiah 40:31 says
that they that wait upon the Lord shall
renew their strength; they shall mount up
with wings as eagles; they shall run and not
be weary, and they shall walk and not faint.

So, why worry? I ask myself.
I have taught myself to run to the Psalms
of David for encouragement. See, I love
that son of Jesse called David. He knew his
way with God, no wonder He called him
friend!

In my opinion, words of encouragement to
self and anyone who may be going through
one thing or the other can never be over
emphasised. I force myself to run under the
canopy of God because I know my saviour
will cover me and give me security under
His canopy. tihihihi....I couldn't resist
doing that, it is the Sunday school teacher
in me. :D

I will just
drop some of the verses that help me go
through the funk. As I continue to be
hopeful and prayerful knowing that He
will come through for me. He said it, I
believe it and that settles it.
And I hope this reaches out to someone
even in the smallest way that His name
may be glorified.

Remember, whatever it is, it will end in
praise! And like I tell myself all the time,
Pray! Pray! Pray! even when I don't feel
like it, Pray and keep prying until
something happens.
Psalm 91 and all the Psalms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ok

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...