Tuesday 24 June 2014

Father whose 11-year old daughter was raped in Ogun told she enjoyed it

An aggrieved father whose daughter was
defiled five years ago by her school’s
proprietor,alleged that a DPO said his
daughter (the victim) would have enjoyed
being raped.On June,19 ,2014,Mr.
Danwanu Moses father reported that his
daughter now 16,was raped by the
proprietor when she was 11 but his claims
were laughed off..Now he wrote a petition
to the Ogun State Commissioner for
Education, dated Friday, June 20,
2014.Part of the petition obtained by
Punch reads..

“The police will not act to protect
girls. Their failure to protect the girl-
child, especially in the villages is a
disgrace to Nigeria in the eyes of the
world.I took my daughter to the local
police and appealed to them to arrest
and prosecute this man but they
dismissed me and said there was no
evidence and the DPO in front of my
daughter said she would have enjoyed
it anyway.This is the most disgusting
behavior of the police in response to a
very serious crime with long lasting
psychological damage on the
victim.My daughter and the other
girls who have been abused by the
proprietor deserve justice; they
deserve to go to school without fear of
harm, without having to be faced by
the man who raped and defiled them.I
beseech you to please help me find
justice and secure the safety of my
daughter and the girls in my village.””

He says the school proprietor took
advantage of his closeness to him (the
father) to commit the act and that the
daughter could not tell anybody because
she had been threatened not to tell anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ok

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...